Communicatie, Consumentenonderzoek, Duurzaamheid, Food data, Functionele voedingsmiddelen, Herformuleren, Koolhydraten, Levensmiddelenindustrie, Overgewicht & obesitas, Personalized nutrition, Statistiek, Suiker, Suikerziekte / Diabetes mellitus, Vitamines, Voedingsgedrag, Voedingsstoffen, Voedseladditieven, Voedselcompositie / samenstelling, Voedseleducatie, Voedselproductie, Volksgezondheid, Wetgeving (etiketteringswetgeving, warenwet, food law)
I am an enthusiastic food innovation professional with a keen interest in consumer-driven R&D, efficient value creation, and cracking global agrifood challenges. I hold a Ph.D. in Behavioral Nutrition from the Open Universiteit (2018), and a M.Sc. in Health Food Innovation Management (2012) and B.Sc. in Life Sciences (2010) from Maastricht University. I completed my Ph.D. next to my job in industry. Currently, I work at DSM as Sr. Innovation Manager, leading strategic global R&D projects. I love helping innovation efforts with leveraging proper food and nutritional science.
I am currently employed by Royal DSM, a global science-based company in Health, Nutrition & Bioscience. Prior to my employment at DSM, I worked as an R&D manager in food industry (see LinkedIn for full employment history).
On a voluntary basis, I am currently active in below organizations:
- Member of advisory board (“Veldadviesraad”) for Science, Business & Innovation Bachelor and Master education programs at VU Amsterdam
- Member of the Advisory Board for Kennis-As projects HEFI and UCV (Limburg Province/Maastricht University)
- Reviewer Board Member of Nutrients (MDPI)
- Guest lecturer at Maastricht University
- Guest lecturer at Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Guest lecturer at Hotel Management School Maastricht