Biomarkers, Communicatie, Functionele voedingsmiddelen, Koolhydraten, Ontwikkelingshulp, Suiker, Voedselveiligheid, Volksgezondheid
– Overall responsibility for operational management.
– As chairmen leading several national and international committees.
– Managing complex, multidisciplinary, cross-cultural projects.
– Co-ordination of research activities at a European level.
– Co-ordination of legal, regulatory, work council and labor condition issues.
– Communicative skills (in transferring scientific information to intermediate target group).
– Heading international co-ordination on consumer en target group science communication.
Management of R&D
– Strategic planning of company-wide R&D programs for Business- and Corporate Research as a member of the worldwide Technology Staff.
– Member of Innovation teams (cross-linking R&D with Marketing, Sales and Manufacturing).
– International acknowledgement in 1992 (appointment as director of the “Collaborating Center for Food and Nutrition Policy” for the WHO Regional Center in Copenhagen.
– Responsible for nutrition science: physiology, epidemiology and policy studies.
– Acquisition of industrial and governmental contract research projects
– Member of several appraisal teams (Heart Foundation, Cancer Foundation) and scientific committees (Dutch Health Council, ILSI)
Start up new activities
– Turn around management.
– Start up Corporate Research for Functional Food Ingredients and Medical Devices.
– Development of scientific programs.
– Establishing internal and external (leading universities and institutes) collaborations.
– Interpersonal skills.
– Communicative skills on national and international level.
– Responsible team leader.
– Strategic skills
– Professional skills in biomedical and nutritional sciences (>200 publications).
– Fluent in Dutch, English and German. Working knowledge of French.